JULIA’S PARENT’S BATHROOM HAMILTON

This bathroom feels slightly uncomfortable to use as the one that (I think) most of the family use, is the master bedroom ensuite. Greg and Louise’s entire house has a most interesting nook and cranny vibe, and this bathroom is kind of down and to the left of their bedroom. Once inside though, it is more than worth the awkwardness. Firstly, there is a giant mirror. The entire bathroom is very well lit, due to giant windows that open out onto a few trees that grow just outside it. The light comes in all nice and speckly through the leaves, and the rustling makes it kind of seem like a health retreat or something. They have a toilet AND a bidet, which in no way marrs the experience, as there is another bathroom and another toilet downstairs. I did not, regrettably, get to use the bidet, which would have been an interesting chapter, and maybe next time I will ask if I can. Or maybe not. Steph and Matt’s house has a bidet as well, but last time I was there it was filled with a stereo and a broken Strokes CD.

The walls of this bathroom are covered in tiles that are a very soothing shade of blue, and when you turn around after admiring all of this you are confronted with the most intriguing and affluent sight: the shower room itself is very large, about three cubic metres, and has TWO SHOWER HEADS, directly opposite each other. This would instantly remove any duel-shower obstacles. This is also extremely frivolous, but as Greg is a builder, and so most probably constructed this masterpiece himself, it is to be forgiven. The water was hot and powerful, and had I not already insulted their extreme hospitality by sleeping my hangover off until 2pm, I would’ve felt more than comfortable taking my time and enjoying myself. The shower heads were also removable, which is a fine thing for people such as myself who on occasion are too tired and/or too depressed to stand up whilst cleansing. The large windows did have one small downside, as I felt quite breezy and exposed, and the doors of this bathroom are actually made of glass, so look directly into the bedroom, but if proper notifications are made, then this needn’t be a problem. Louise has that Dove Summer Glow moisturiser which explained her unusually tanned arms, but which I didn’t (of course) judge, as I too use this particular product. I did not sample any other products, but it looked as tho there would’ve been a very respectable selection.