JUDY’S BATHROOM AUCKLAND

This is a tough one as this is Sam’s family and I wouldn’t like to insult anyone by my review of their bathroom. They had Dune perfume, which personally I love, but which is an unfortunately obvious thing to sample in someone else’s house. There was a really nice talcum powder that smelt like musky roses. Judy gets a bucket of extra points, because when Julia said, ‘do you mind if I take a quick shower’, she answered, ‘you can take a long shower if you like’, and I believed her. Again, the toilet in the bathroom dilemma, and this bathroom feels very central to the whole house, so if you are too long in there, or go too often, you feel very exposed. Toilet window opens into lots of shrubs, which gave a nice ‘going bush’ feel to the whole episode. The shower was over a bath, which was a lovely feeling after being cramped into too many tiny boxes, but does make it even more uncomfortable to have two in there. Sam and I very rarely have harmonious duel-showers anyway though, as he prefers it to be hot enough to melt my flesh and I prefer it cold enough to freeze his. Actually I might just go back to the talcum powder for a moment, as this is an extremely underrated bathroom item to discover. Talcum powder not only makes you smell amazing, but also gives your skin the softest most wealthy feeling texture. It makes you feel slinky and clean when you use it before going to sleep, and makes your bed smell yum too. Not enough girls buy talcum powder to put in their bathroom for me to use. This bathroom also had scales, which this time around was not a high point, as we have been eating way too much mac donalds and other assorted crap, and the scales were not kind to me. However I did not care enough to stop eating mac donalds and now the thought of it makes me feel violently ill. Followed by wanting it. Followed by eating it. Followed by feeling violently ill.

This shower was hot and had good pressure, oh and it had disprin in the medicine cupboard, which made my morning a happy one. This shower was unusually good at alleviating a hangover.